Multiple Gouramis in a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
Could I have 2 Opaline gouramis in a 55 gallon or will this lead to problems.

josh7 said:
Could I have 2 Opaline gouramis in a 55 gallon or will this lead to problems.

they'll be fine in a big tank like that. there's lots of room for each to have their own territories and not run into eachother

Okay just wanted to make sure before there was a blood bath also one more question I have 4 caves driftwood and live plants could I have a rainbow shark BN Pleco and 4 yoyo loaches or is that to many bottom feeders?

josh7 said:
Okay just wanted to make sure before there was a blood bath also one more question I have 4 caves driftwood and live plants could I have a rainbow shark BN Pleco and 4 yoyo loaches or is that to many bottom feeders?

Not sure about the shark but the bn pleco and yo yos will be fine.

we had a blue gourami and a flame in a 75 and the blue would not stop chasing the other around the whole tank, eventually we had to rehome one of them, just a short story of my experience

All of the 3 spot Gourami family, Opaline, Blue, Gold, are all the same species and can all become very territorial with other Gouramis, even in a large tank. It depends on your fish. Some kill all other Gouramis, some bully them and some are pretty ok. YMMV

The only peaceful large Gourami and one of my favorites are Pearl Gouramis...stunning and still nice fish :)

Okay I may just go with one so I can have a larger rainbowfish school and I won't have to deal with any gourami aggression.

Back
Top Bottom