Multiple Male Bettas?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IERTOI

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
...lol

OK, so I know where this discussion is heading (hopefully there will be some kind of discussion lol). I see this a ton amongst the internet, "They will eventually kill each other, they have been bred for generations to be that way, etc."

Is it not even worth trying? I feel as if it is very possible with the two I have already (Mauricio and Maximus). Has anyone tried or heard of success stories. My main worry is the "eventually" aspect of it lol. I feel as if mine would get along and then one random, eventual, night, one would be dead. It could be a month, or a year, or a few days...but its a possibility. :(

Anyway, I just think that it is possible.. kind of lol. Any thoughts? Is it worth a try? Ill get some pics up some time today. There is definitely a size difference between the two.

i highly doubt it would work.they would fight to the death,and the survivor may die from his injuries later on.you could try it with a couple females,there normally not nearly as aggressive.

Keeping them longterm with females is hit and miss because females are aggressive as well.
Why don't you use a divider?

i meant keeping multiple females without the males

The point remains. Sororities are difficult. They can be done, sure. But there's definitely still possible aggression issues.

its likelier to work than multiple males,but i do agree that there could be issues.

The male bettas could be the most docile fish in the world, but if you put then together they will fight to the death.

I agree, a sorority is difficult, but worth a try if you want to.

A divider is best for keeping two males in the same tank.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

It is possible, but I'd watch it. They are not as aggressive as the males are, but they may fight each other. While males will rip scales and gills off, the females are usually not quite as focused.

Back
Top Bottom