Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-17-2011, 12:47 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Multiple Male Bettas in One Tank

Random thought that came to me Earlier, What does everybody think the Requirements to successfully keep Multiple Male Bettas (more than 1) in a Tank without them killing eachother? How large the tank would have to be? It would obviously have to be very densely planted with numerous caves and driftwood.

I'm taking it would probably Require atleast 120 Gallon tank for this to be accomplished, with of course a large piece of Driftwood or Rock in the center to ''divide'' the territory that the two Bettas would have.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:57 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I think it would work with atleast 30 gallons and a ton of sight breakers and hiding places. By sightbreakers I mean things to keep them from seeing eachother.

maxwellag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:03 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Depends on how many bettas we're talking about. I would say give each betta at least twenty gallons per fish and heavily plant the tank so that you wouldn't even see the fish half the time because they're both avoiding one another.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Oh and it also depends on each individual betta... sometimes they are just kind... but usually they're not... my friend has two male betas in a twenty gallon. They had a ton of plants in there.
maxwellag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

unless you had a massive tank(IMO like 120 gallons) it wouldnt work. they have been bred for centuries to fight,and if they meet each other,chances are they will

Tags
betta, bettas, male, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com