Multiple Male Bettas in One Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggs180

Aquarium Advice Freak
Random thought that came to me Earlier, What does everybody think the Requirements to successfully keep Multiple Male Bettas (more than 1) in a Tank without them killing eachother? How large the tank would have to be? It would obviously have to be very densely planted with numerous caves and driftwood.

I'm taking it would probably Require atleast 120 Gallon tank for this to be accomplished, with of course a large piece of Driftwood or Rock in the center to ''divide'' the territory that the two Bettas would have.

I think it would work with atleast 30 gallons and a ton of sight breakers and hiding places. By sightbreakers I mean things to keep them from seeing eachother.

Depends on how many bettas we're talking about. I would say give each betta at least twenty gallons per fish and heavily plant the tank so that you wouldn't even see the fish half the time because they're both avoiding one another.

Oh and it also depends on each individual betta... sometimes they are just kind... but usually they're not... my friend has two male betas in a twenty gallon. They had a ton of plants in there.

unless you had a massive tank(IMO like 120 gallons) it wouldnt work. they have been bred for centuries to fight,and if they meet each other,chances are they will

Back
Top Bottom