Multiple Tank Syndrom strikes again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pawtrekker

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay, so I have a 20 gallon and two 10 gallon tanks. You would think that would be enough but noooo. A while back my grandmother gave me 2 small used tanks. A 5 gallon and a 2.77 gallon tank. They have been sitting in my closet for months and driving me crazy. It just seems wrong to have empty fish tanks. ;P Anyway, I FINALLY found room for one of them. I'm still working on getting the smaller one up but The stand I have is perfect for the 5gal. I'm on a pretty tight budget so I'm trying to use some of my extra equipment. I found an extra filter that should work well for either of the tanks when I get it clean. Here's the tank. I think it was a shelf model because it has a fair amount of scuffing and scratches on the sides (I don't really care though.) Here's the tank!

image-2038414305.jpg

The filter

image-1448344960.jpg

The tank does not have a lighting system. Well, it does but it's broken and I can't get a replacement. That window will be the main source of light for the tank so moss balls are probably my only option for plants.

This will end up being a Betta tank I'm sure. I never can resist Bettas. :)

Any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions? Anyone know a cure for MTS? ;D. I can't stop myself!

Attachments

• image-3647252338.jpg
    image-3647252338.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 78
I know how you feel lol. I have a 30, a 10, two 3's, and a 75. (My dumb app is messed up so I only have pics from the 30 and 10.) The five gal Betta tank sounds good. For the tiny 2.7 I think RCS is a good choice. Relatively easy to take care of and easy to breed. Just make sure you have moss and/or other plants; they need it!

Have a kid and put her into college, it's really slowed down my tanks lol!

Hahaha, well, I am in college so yeah, that's why I'm on a low budget.

Oops, I don't know how that pic of my 2.77 gallon tank got in there. Must have accidentally uploaded it.

I know how you feel lol. I have a 30, a 10, two 3's, and a 75. (My dumb app is messed up so I only have pics from the 30 and 10.) The five gal Betta tank sounds good. For the tiny 2.7 I think RCS is a good choice. Relatively easy to take care of and easy to breed. Just make sure you have moss and/or other plants; they need it!

Never thought about using it for a shrimp tank. RCS are pretty cool. I have only kept ghost shrimp before but I may try that! Thanks!

I have a 20 gal devoted to RCS I only have ten now thinking about adding another ten to try to encourage more breeding

Oh looky! According to the box, I can put a Dwarf Gourami, 3 High Fin Platys, and 3 Guppys in the 5 gallon! :nono:

image-4054551991.jpg

Yeah, I don't think so...

Why do they false advertise... makes me sad for all the people who get that many and then think its ok and/or don't have the money to upgrade the size of their tank. :bawl:

Here is my setup so far! I went to the store to buy some gravel and I found this cute little Betta size stump. I had to get it and I think it looks good in there. I actually have a larger one in my 20 gallon. :) I have about 7lbs of small river rock in there and I will probably end up getting a few of those Marimo Moss Balls to go in there.

image-3946062045.jpg

Any ideas on what to do from here?

Maybe add some realistic silk plants since the lighting situation isn't great. No hard plastic plants, though, as they can snag betta fins.

And hey, you can never have enough tanks! When I first got back into the hobby after a brief break due to restrictive dorm rules, I had a 20 gallon and a 5 gallon. Today, about 5 years later, I have 7 tanks up and running, a hex tank I hope to pick up soon, and I am hitting the petco dollar pet gallon sale in the next week or so, where I hope to pick up a couple 10s and a 40. Hooray for MTS!

I found a cure for MTS...

Just get gradually more and more expensive tanks and soon you won't be able to afford to buy more equipment! That's what I did.. DANG YOU 40 BREEDER!

For me, the sudden influx of tanks is due to breeding. Since basic lighting, heaters, and sponge filters are most of what I need, it doesn't help. I need grow out and spawning tanks. And a few basic divided 10s for males. Bettas, man... Only 2 of my 7 current tanks don't have a betta in it!

Back
Top Bottom