My 100 Gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joe5688

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm on a limited budget and i've been trying to piece together a 100 gallon fresh water tank. I've got a 30 gallon in my room that I'm transfering to this bigger tank. Decided on building my own stand & covers. The front is eventually going to be covers in Finishing ply and doors. Stand is gonna be painted black.

So far here is my expense list lol

100g tank- $50
Materials for stand- $120
Plexi tank covers- Free had plexi and cut it myself
2 36" lights- $20
Python water changer- $20
Sunsun filter- $80
1-200 watt and 1-300 w heaters- free

Overall I think I pieced it together for pretty cheap lol

I had the sand in my 30 and i just moved it to this tank.

Here are pix so far. Unsure of what i'm going to stock with but the marble gar and the 4 angle fish in my 30g are moving to my 100g. The 30g will eventually be a saltwater tank

Time for pix of the build

Painted the frame

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/imag1030.jpg/

Looks good so far, but concerned about the appearance of the stand. No doors or anything to hide the frame? Its tough to finish woodwork with 100 gal of water above your head. Just some thoughts.

Haha the ply wood has some structural support. I'm waiting a little to finish the front until the stand settles from the weight. There is a 3/4” lip across the front and sides. 3/4” plywood is finishing the front and sides. I'll post a picture after its fully finished. I just finished swapping the fish into the tank

Keep up the good work! Keep pics coming too. I'm excited for you. I think the phase ur in is the best b/c of the endless possibilities of where to take the aquarium (from a design perspective). Nice work on all the equipment so cheap.

Thanks. Gotta love craigslist. Pretty much everything I paid for was from clist. I have a search saved for ”aquarium” and ”fish tank” and I check it numerous times a day. There are some crazy deals out there

I have a 72" - 4 bulb (t8) fixture and emp. 400 and air pump if u need anything more. Im in ohio.

I have a 72" fixture (4 bulb, t8) and emp. 400 filter if u need anything more. Im in ohio.

100? Its oak finish too. I had to special order thru drs. Foster & Smith. Bulbs will be included too.

Some pics. 2-5500k and 2-florasun bulbs.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120117_215551.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120117_215551.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 113
  • ForumRunner_20120117_215621.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120117_215621.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 94
Yea, having big tanks things can add up fast. I still dump any spare change in my 125.

Back
Top Bottom