My 16 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nnacho528

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have 4 neon tetras and 2 swordtails, I was thinking of getting 2 more tetras but can I get anything else? If so, are there any cool schooling fish that i can get?

I have a an aqueon 10 filter meant for tanks up to 20 gallons. What do you mean by centerpiece fish?

Centerpiece fish is basically a fish that is the highlight of your tank. So, you have schooling fish and other sorts, and then you have one stand out fish that is your centerpiece.

IMO I would boost your filtration, you usally want double the filtration of your tank, so like 30+gallons so that you can be a little more lenient on your stock. I would not add anything else at the mo.

Swords are too big for a 16 gal tank. A full grown sword can easily hit 4". Another school I would recommend would be pork chop rasbora. :)

Thanks u guys are really helpful but now I feel bad cause those 2 swords were living in a 5 gallon tank for a while.

I think they need 29 gals minimum. I would consider rehoming them.

Dwarf gourami and bettas are popular CP fish for a tank that size. A pair of peacock gudgeons would work well also.

Back
Top Bottom