Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 03-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
ccross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 757
My 2 day old Platy's :)

Got them all moved into their 5 gallon tank to grow. They already eat like pigs and I think i am going to need to clean the tank daily. But they all seem happy and healthy!

__________________

__________________
ccross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mounds View, MN
Posts: 921
the more you clean the tank, the better the water conditions will be and the faster they will grow ... feed 3-4x a day

oh and congratulations! !!
__________________

__________________
rreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
ccross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by rreekers View Post
the more you clean the tank, the better the water conditions will be and the faster they will grow ... feed 3-4x a day

oh and congratulations! !!
All i have is flake food right now. Are they big enough to pick at some cucumber yet?
__________________
ccross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mounds View, MN
Posts: 921
just grind up the flakes really well between your fingers.

I don't think they are big enough yet.. I would wait a few weeks. but cucumbers might be okay.. because fry pick at sponge filter and a cucumber might be kind of the same.. I'm really not sure. im am careful now because a few months ago I killed one of mu fry by feeding veggies to soon .. he chocked on a piece of pea that was to big for him
__________________
rreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
ccross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by rreekers View Post
just grind up the flakes really well between your fingers.

I don't think they are big enough yet.. I would wait a few weeks. but cucumbers might be okay.. because fry pick at sponge filter and a cucumber might be kind of the same.. I'm really not sure. im am careful now because a few months ago I killed one of mu fry by feeding veggies to soon .. he chocked on a piece of pea that was to big for him
I'll stick to flake. I gotta go get something better because the only flak I have is goldfish flake. I will be getting some regular tropical flake today tho.
__________________
ccross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mounds View, MN
Posts: 921
gold fish flakes are fine.. IMO. try to pick up some fry food.. the little pouch lasts forever ..
__________________
rreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
ccross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by rreekers View Post
gold fish flakes are fine.. IMO. try to pick up some fry food.. the little pouch lasts forever ..

All i have is a walmart to by fish food at right now. The next closest is at least 30 miles away. So I gotta stick with what they have.
__________________
ccross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mounds View, MN
Posts: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccross

All i have is a walmart to by fish food at right now. The next closest is at least 30 miles away. So I gotta stick with what they have.
totally understandable!
__________________
rreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
ccross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 757
5 days old now

Platy fry, 5 days old - YouTube
__________________

__________________
ccross is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
platy

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Fish In Cycle :) Jess1ca Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 785 03-21-2012 06:08 PM
My 75 gallon African tank. Water issue? Convict2161 Cichlid Discussion 62 03-15-2012 01:47 PM
Driftwood make my water brown SLoViper Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 14 03-14-2012 11:37 PM
will this sand work for my tank Dbouchard Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 8 03-11-2012 03:14 PM
Worried about my Bettas adadkins1 Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 4 03-11-2012 12:05 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.