My 26 Gallon Tank Picture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks alot,

Right now I run one 55 watt AH Supply with 6700K. I was running an additional 65 watt Coralife (6700K) four or five hours a day but stopped using it about three weeks ago because I kept getting GW. Seems to have stabalized re: GW now that I just run the AH 55 watt. It seems the 55 watt AH is adequate for the alternanthera reineckii. This is actually a two week old picture and there has been alot more growth since.

Also, Flourite substrate too with a mini vortex reactor. Soon I'm going to put a DIY inline reactor to get the CO2 upto 25 to 30ppm...

betowess...

I'm assuming that this is one of the All-Glass 26 bow-fronts. Did you use the AH Supply refit kit with the hood that came with the tank? I've got the same tank and I'd really like to kick my light level up.

Very nice tank. Wish I could get mine to grow like I wanted it, lol mine just grows and grows until I have to cut most of it out or pull it out. Always seem to have a bare spot somewhere after I do that.

Fruitbat,

I didn't get a hood with the tank... I have a glass cover and built the enclosure to lay on top. Because 26 Bows are not too wide (yes its an All Glass brand tank) I built the enclosure a little taller and less wide.

Its 4.5 inches tall, just under six inches wide by 24 inches long. All outside dimensions. That way I could put the ballast "on top" of the reflector, meaning the reflector is closer to the tank glass cover... in fact the reflector is almost flush to the glass cover. Kim suggested this from AH Supply when I was concerned that a wider enclosure would make it difficult to open the front for feeding and messing around.

I used one by wood (hemlock and pine) which is about a half inch thick. I hope this makes sense. It looks pretty nice. I could take a picture if you want.

Thanks again everyone. Its been fun learning and so many of you guys have really helped me along. This is a great forum. Now I'm planning for an eighty gallon! (Maybe)

Well it just goes to show you how a little bit of attention to detail, keeping it simple, and following tried and true methods can pay off. This is what we are all going for - thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom