My 29g tank upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skifflexie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here it is....

Now for the dilemma... I'm moving July 31st. They don't know if my unit will be done, so we will be either put into a different unit or in a hotel.... So I'm at a lost as to what I should do.... Should I wait until we are settled, or let it cycle...?

Attachments

• image-3953425275.jpg
    image-3953425275.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 50
It looks nice...I love that piece of drift wood...and yeah I would wait as well because it would be a whole lot easier to move an empty tank and July 31st is only like three weeks away so it would be best to wait I think

Agree with waiting, when you get the filter, you could always hang it on your 15 gallon (dont remove the filter already on it) to get it started. By the time you move and get the new tank ready, it will have started collecting some good bb and will be much quicker to get it cycled. :)
Looks good, I like your scape and driftwood!

I would wait. It's a lot easier to move if the tank is empty. plus if you put into a hotel where does it go?

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I know for sure if worst comes to worse I have a friend right down the road that would let me plug them in at her house, but that would be a huge bummer and pain, and stressful for her, the fish and me lol. I I think I will wait, and just keep collecting all the pieces that I will need.

It looks nice...I love that piece of drift wood...and yeah I would wait as well because it would be a whole lot easier to move an empty tank and July 31st is only like three weeks away so it would be best to wait I think

Thanks! The locally owned per store I live by always has sweet wood, and cheep, I scored this piece for $9.99! ;) he has some pretty sweet looking fish too. I agree with the tank being easier to move empty. (8x29) + (substrate)= heavy as heck.

Also I'm from the lake of the ozarks, there's tons of driftwood there, is it safe to use that if cleaned right: baking, or bleach water, or boiling??? Just curious?

Agree with waiting, when you get the filter, you could always hang it on your 15 gallon (dont remove the filter already on it) to get it started. By the time you move and get the new tank ready, it will have started collecting some good bb and will be much quicker to get it cycled. :)
Looks good, I like your scape and driftwood!

That's a great idea, I didn't think about doing that... That would be so good to help get the system going. Gosh your full of great ideas. I'm going to wait on the water and let the filter get some good biology going from my 15g. ;)
Also while I'm waiting I'm going to try and find a water changer.
Thanks! :)

Yah if you find a nice piece of wood around a lake that isn't pine or any sap leaking tree...if its a hard wood you can use it...and to clean it you should boil it then let it dry and then maybe boil it again or just let it soak in some water and then I think It should be good...I have never don it myself...but I plans on looking for some this weekend while I'm out in the country...and you got that piece for $9.99 that's an awesome deal...I wish I could have your fish store over here where I live I payed a lot for all my peices of drift wood in my tanks

Ohh and what type of plant do you plan on putting in there once you do set it up...just wondering lol

Yah if you find a nice piece of wood around a lake that isn't pine or any sap leaking tree...if its a hard wood you can use it...and to clean it you should boil it then let it dry and then maybe boil it again or just let it soak in some water and then I think It should be good...I have never don it myself...but I plans on looking for some this weekend while I'm out in the country...and you got that piece for $9.99 that's an awesome deal...I wish I could have your fish store over here where I live I payed a lot for all my peices of drift wood in my tanks

Well if I ever get any good at finding food aquarium wood, and get good at treating it, I would sell it everyone keep, like just shipping and the like 10 bucks lol.... That will be in way future though... Haha my mom was always a driftwood collector, I used to get annoyed by it lol, and now here I am.... Just like her haha. Weird how things change lol.

Ohh and what type of plant do you plan on putting in there once you do set it up...just wondering lol

Well like the inexperienced person I am, I have not an idea as to what I already have purchased, I didn't bother to keep or even look at the names when buying my plants....... *Bang head*.... I'm not too picky, I really like the bright greens.. and some deep deep greens....

I know for sure I have a java fern.... Lol that's all I know.... Some day soon I'll have to post pics to see of people can identify them....

Lol yah while I was in new York a couple years ago I should have looked at the drift wood that was by this river better...because my sister found an awesome piece and now I'm regretting not looking at it...of course I didn't have any fish tanks at that point...I was in to reptiles then lol....still am it's just that fish are easier to have more of

Lol yah while I was in new York a couple years ago I should have looked at the drift wood that was by this river better...because my sister found an awesome piece and now I'm regretting not looking at it...of course I didn't have any fish tanks at that point...I was in to reptiles then lol....still am it's just that fish are easier to have more of

True that lol, I love reptiles too, I hoping I can get back into reps in a few years when I'm not living in an apartment... I have a very large green iguana that stays at my moms house. What kind of reps do you have? I think my next rep will be a panther chameleon.

I don't have any yet but once I move out I want a green tree boa or ball python....but a corn snake would make happy to lol...I also want a beardie and a couple Leo's...and I would loooooooove to have some tokays as well I love those guys...I would like to have a chameleon but have heard they are pretty high maintenance...an I really like tarantulas I know they aren't reptiles but they are sort of in the same hobby lol...I just went to replicant this weekend and i was just so mad I couldn't buy anything lol...but one day I will have my reptiles lol... I will have a whole reptile room and a whole fish room lol

I don't have any yet but once I move out I want a green tree boa or ball python....but a corn snake would make happy to lol...I also want a beardie and a couple Leo's...and I would loooooooove to have some tokays as well I love those guys...I would like to have a chameleon but have heard they are pretty high maintenance...an I really like tarantulas I know they aren't reptiles but they are sort of in the same hobby lol...I just went to replicant this weekend and i was just so mad I couldn't buy anything lol...but one day I will have my reptiles lol... I will have a whole reptile room and a whole fish room lol

Yeah my first lizard was a Leo. I had beardie as well. Beardies have one of the best personalities has far as reps go. Iguanas can be pretty aggressive. Yeah lol some day I'll probably end up with a farm full of reps, horses, furry little animals, tanks, my dogs and maybe a cat. Lol jk, I wish....

Lol me to I want a horse I want reptiles I will have a bunch of tanks lol salt and freshwater and sphinx cats and some dogs and who knows what else lol it would be awesome

Back
Top Bottom