my 29s are loaded but smokin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dax29

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I blame Jchillin for causing me to buy 2 new Aquaclear 50s (200s). The floss idea I got from JC and it really only works well with Aquaclear filters. I slapped them on my 2, 29 gallon tanks and stored my 2 Tetras 30s as backup filters. I took some of the Tetra 30 BioBags and used them as floss. So I put the floss over the sponge and put the biological media (ceramic nodules) over the floss. I had one bag I was using but I had made 2 more bags using Fluval rings that I had stored in compartments of other filters. Therefore I put in inoculated media on the 2 new filters.

19 cycles per hour.. dax29.. thats just plain nuts!!!.. LOL..
I have a Aqua-Clear 500.. should I put it on my 22 gallon I just got?
I still think its nuts..LOL
You seem to have things smokin though!...

i have a whisper 30-60 on my 29 and something is wrong with it(the filter)

it just isnt letting water pass through the bio bags

My fish seem to be doing well. I have some plastic floating plants and some vertically oriented pieces of driftwood that reach to the surface so much of the current is disrupted.

i'm sure its no problem ... i just had this picture in my head of all this current just randomly pushing your fish around :lol:

They really don't seem bothered by it. In the 29 with the 550 gph some fish seem to enjoy it. The corys and rainbows like to swim against it some. On the other tank I can't see a big difference in how the fish act. I still have to vac the gravel and I still do a 30% PWC every week.

Back
Top Bottom