My 30 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woke up this morning to another 2 dead neons. They all were fine last night ( save for the one swimming in circles who I had to euthanize) then this morning there was 2 dead. It's only the neons that are dying so I guess it's bad stock? The cardinals are good and actin fine and so are the corycats

Woke up this morning and he's dead.... What is happening to my neons and now my cards?

Honestly, I had this problem in my aquarium at first. They were dieing for what seemed to be no reason at all. If you bought these from a big box store, then I bet your experiencing the same thing. I lost 4 out of my twelve. My lesson learned was to add a free fish at a time. When I started adding 3-4 at a time, they stopped dieing.

Now that I think about it I lost a few. Between random death and getting stuck in the sump before modifications. Could just be bad stock. I'd still check the water just in case.

Checked the water , no problems there. Same as my 55 gal. And now I come home and can't find another one. I got the neons from a different store than I got the cards.....

Ok, I plan on adding the angels this weekend, should I? I'd like to get 4 . Once I find a pair I'll sell the others ( maybe put them in my other tank but mostlikely sell them)

Haven't updated in awhile, but I still haven't gotten a chance to get the angels. Next weekend I should be open to go, should I pick up some slate while I'm there? What color is best to fit with the setup? ( will move plants around )

View attachment 92989

Current stock is
6 emerald green Cory's
1neon tetra
2 cardnial tetra

( plan on upping the cards school when I get the angels and the neon is leftover from the batch of 6 I originally got)

Back
Top Bottom