My 33 Gal. Community Tank Log!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I agree. I had mine in a 90 and felt that wasn't enough. Having put them in a 125, I wouldn't put them back in a 4 foot tank.

Dwarf neon rainbows are a much better choice. They flash a brilliant blue when the light hits them right - it's beautiful.

I know I can't get dwarf neon rainbows around here. LFS confirmed it. What else?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They are available on aquabid. I've always had good experience buying of there, even if the fish didn't make it - one seller gave me a credit even though they didn't have to (I choose priority mail).

Also on there are machallochis rainbows, which are the same size as the dwarf neons. And beyond that are the smaller thread fins, then the even smaller pseudomugils species. A large group of rainbows are stunning.

The thing is, I'm not allowed to get fish shipped and I doubt I will be allowed to in the future. What about penguin tetras? Or do those need larger tank?

You are correct about the rams - they are not haram fish like the apistos. Your plan to let the male choose his female and return the other is a good one.

If you're looking for good top water schoolers, then check out black neons. In my experience they are one I the best schoolers out there, and they primarily stay in the top third of the tank.

Whoa hold on I just saw the rainbows on aquabid! I MUST get my hands on some! Wow! *now starts the begging parents part of this-
"Can I order fish?"
"No"
*shows my dad photo*
"How soon do you want these fish???!"
Lol

The 33 is 4 feet long, yes?

Rainbows are awesome fish, but they don't come cheap. My fish store sells them for more than $15 each.

Noo... It is 3 feet

Oh, I don't really like the blue eyes as much. Oh well

Call me crazy but could you get away with a school of 6 tiger barbs? I had them in a 29 with neons and everyone got along

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't like them.

Ok. Just giving ideas. Dwarf gourami? I have read they are top swimmers

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dwarf gouramis swim everywhere, spending as much time in the lower third as they will in the top third.

Blue eyes is both a group of fish (pseudomugils) as well as a species. There are some awesome looking pseudos.

I wouldn't suggest boesemanis in that size tank, they are very active swimmers and need hiding spaces since they should be kept in groups of five or more. I have some in my 55 gallon and I feel like they would love more space! I don't know much about other rainbows as I haven't personally kept any other kind. Best of luck!

+1 on the boesemanis

Fishobsessed7

So I rescaped, it's cloudy so pics in the morning! I need some more powerful lighting. Going tom. to get ferts maybe and I want a low light carpet as I officially hate fluorite. It's petsmart, what should I get? Also, a plant for the back wall that isn't Vals?

I got-
A gel pack of Crypt Wenditii
An amazon sword
A java fern
API liquid CO2
API Leaf Zone

I'll get shots as soon as I get home, dad insisted on a huge bottle of tetra dechlorinator (They had prime ON SALE!), a magnetic glass cleaner, tetra algae fix, and some sort of de-cloudifier. I'm not happy with that, I really don't want that many chemicals or an ugly magnet in my tank.

I got-
A gel pack of Crypt Wenditii
An amazon sword
A java fern
API liquid CO2
API Leaf Zone

Interesting that they sell Crypts in gel packs. I would've guessed that the roots were too sensitive for that.

I've never grown Amazon Sword, but Crypt wendtii and Java Fern don't need ferts. The latter is especially hardy and vigorous. Others may disagree, but I've always found it's best to not use ferts unless your plants really need them.

Well I wanted some more sensitive stuff, maybe star rotala or something carpeting so I figured that was a good idea and I need a new light.

Back
Top Bottom