My 60 gallon freshwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's awesome! How big is the gar? And what do you plan on putting it in when it gets larger?

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm currently eying an 80 gallon but will probably be off to college when it gets too big. He's around 9"

I don't mean to be rude but I'm pretty sure the gar would need a tank larger than 80 gallons.

Yeah. I was doing some research and it is pretty unanimous that alligator gar shouldn't even be kept in a home aquarium because they can get over 6'. So unless you have at least a 1000 gallon tank I would recommend finding it a new home with a tank big enough for it such as an aquarium.

Ya I knew someone would say that, he is actually doing fine, and my friend has had him for a while and he has yet to out grow the tank. Thanks anyways

Oh he looks great! Don't get me wrong. He is quite the amazing fish :) I was just mentioning it to make sure you have thought about what you are going to do when he does get huge. But yeah it is quite unique to see one in captivity I feel. I look forward to seeing updates on him :)

Back
Top Bottom