my angelfish laid eggs please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah once they're paired they'll lay offer as long as they're happy and water conditions stay where they're at they're really finicky when laying

Oh congrats on the eggs I was really excited when my angles laid for the first Time to be honest with you I thought my kids had gotten something on my tank until I tried to clean them off to my surprise they were eggs ;)

Moved the angels, gourami and tetras into the 40 gal. Will wait till they hatch and watch to see if they willl try to eat them. Will make sure i feed the parents good so maybe they wlnt be hungry for there youngs

check out the "wigglers at last!!!" thread (in the freshwater/brackish - breeding section). a few of us are discussing our journeys with our spawning angels :)

IMO i think it would be better to move the eggs. it will be easier to rear them in their own tank instead of having to move everyone else when they spawn. if things are good they will spawn often.

Knowing this after this spawning is over they all be moved back into the 75 and the pair will move in the 40 gal with only a few otos and corys and one bristlenose pleco. Set up a pipe and put a small mesh around tthe intake try to control were they lay there eggs

Thank you everyone for the help and info. Have a local lfs thats ready to take them off my hands once they get big enough

Angels are wonderful patents they will guard their eggs and their fry. The problem is though that once the fry become free swimmers the parents can't keep track of all of them n they slowly become snacks for the tanks other inhabitants.

Like when i went to bed and woke up this morning and there all gone. Was not move either becuaze i checked the hole tank :(

Back
Top Bottom