My aquarium plants aren’t growing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

charlie2y3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, I have a 160 litre aquarium which is densely planted. It has a piece of bog wood and a range of plants from hair grass to java fern on the bog wood to corkscrew val. My lightings ok and I use liquid firt and root tans. No co2. And the plant have been in about 2 months. Any ideas?

What substrate are you using? What is your fert schedule? What lights exactly do you have? ph? kH? gH? temp? Any excel/glut dosing? Water change schedule?

You can use flourish excel as substitute to co2. Its not as powerful as pressurized co2 but its great and serve its purpose well. Also you need to dose liquid fertz like Flourish comprehensive, Potassium, Iron etc. Iron I see helps in overall growth and colors become very deep.

Ok thanks

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg

I bought a cheap substrate(FloraMax) that didn’t help any of plants grow then I got CO2 but I realized that the plants (Pearl Weed, Water wisteria ) didn’t grow much either . But then I added Fertilizers like EI method which contains everything a plant needs to grow and in two months the hair algae disappeared and I got whole bunch of plant growth . I would recommend Seachem Excel with the EI method Fertilization. It’s cheap and efficient , Have fun Fixing up your tank

View attachment 305345

View attachment 305346

I bought a cheap substrate(FloraMax) that didn’t help any of plants grow then I got CO2 but I realized that the plants (Pearl Weed, Water wisteria ) didn’t grow much either . But then I added Fertilizers like EI method which contains everything a plant needs to grow and in two months the hair algae disappeared and I got whole bunch of plant growth . I would recommend Seachem Excel with the EI method Fertilization. It’s cheap and efficient , Have fun Fixing up your tank
Looking lush, nice setup

Thanks everyone I’ve ordered the flourish excel which is the Seachem excel [emoji4]

I’m using tropica premium growth fertiliser and api root tabs

IMG_1512151993.328951.jpg here is an image of the tank? What does everyone think?

Co2 is a bit pricey my tank is 160lt I’m going to use liquid firt, root tabs and flourish excel will that be enough?

Metricide is the same chemical as Excel, but less expensive per once. I don't think it comes in small bottles, so see how the Excel works for you.

What's your lighting situation? If you answered, I missed it.

Well I have this small LED light that doesn’t fit the whole of the tank. However I ordered a new one that fits a couple of weeks ago and it’s due to come a any day now

The light is quite strong its causing some hair algae to grow on the plants. So I don’t think the light is the real problem

Back
Top Bottom