My babies alright?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samzter

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went out and brought 3 new baby gbr and one of them started hanging out at the top. I did a water change to see if it would help and then a second one started hanging in the top third of the tank. They look very healthy and no physical changes. Levels are ammonia:0 nitrite: 0-0.25 nitrate:below5. Any help will

Samzter said:
Any help will be really brilliant

Perhaps they want to hide? Do you have hiding spots available? I suggest turning the lights off to bring any stress down.

My jewel cichlid did that when we were cleaning the tank and rearranging, because his cover was missing.

What is your PH? gbr are sensitive to it and like a PH around 6.5ish. This is especial true if they are wild caught. although most U.S. breeder stock can be more accustomed to higher PH.

Last edited:
My pH is 7.4 I have rocks, bog wood and 4 live plants. Just can't work out what's wrong. But as I said they've been fine. Their colour has became more vivid since I brought them. Hope they're okay. Thanks for your help you to! Greatly appreciated.

Pics of the babies

Attachments

• image-2994627538.jpg
    image-2994627538.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 80
  • image-3113781493.jpg
    image-3113781493.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 63
how long have you have them for?

It's possible they are just adjusting if you haven't had them very long. I had a similar thing happen when I introduced my angel, sunset gourami and my platy to my tank. They spent a lot of time hiding up around the filter intake and heater. It took about a week or so for them to fully come around.

Are you still using the Indian Almond Leaves or some other acid producing leaf (oak and beech)? The are most likely stressed and leaving the lights off will help, or give them alittle floating plant cover even if it's just temporary. You could also think about adding some peat to your filter, I get peat ball from Tyne Valley and they are really nice for adding a good peat source.

Back
Top Bottom