My bistlenose is a jerk.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sauroposeidon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone know of any way to curb the aggression on a female bristlenose pleco. She is mean as fire. She has the whole bottom to herself (20 long) and still tries to stab my African butterfly fish if he dives just a bit. I'm adding pygmy cories soon, because I'm set on them, and they're my favorite. Done deal. Would more caves help or just make her more aggressive to anything that looks at them?

Anyone know of any way to curb the aggression on a female bristlenose pleco. She is mean as fire. She has the whole bottom to herself (20 long) and still tries to stab my African butterfly fish if he dives just a bit. I'm adding pygmy cories soon, because I'm set on them, and they're my favorite. Done deal. Would more caves help or just make her more aggressive to anything that looks at them?
Haha yahhh, I just took my 3.5 female bn back to Lfs, she was the fav of the tank too, the second I dropped pellets in there she would go on a ballastic tank clearing freak out, got to the point where she was smashing into my other fish, hard too, sad day but had to bring her back...it was never a territory thing, just feeding time

Haha yahhh, I just took my 3.5 female bn back to Lfs, she was the fav of the tank too, the second I dropped pellets in there she would go on a ballastic tank clearing freak out, got to the point where she was smashing into my other fish, hard too, sad day but had to bring her back...it was never a territory thing, just feeding time

Feeding time is a bad time too. She'll eat her fill then nudge the rest of the wafer under a piece of driftwood where she has created a sand cave. She'll go about her business but come check on it every now and then, and if a shrimp has found it . . . good luck, shrimp.

They do have a way about them.. I only keep small ones now (1-2"). They are more curious than demanding image-3515773228.jpg

Back
Top Bottom