Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-31-2004, 01:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
my brichardi's are out now :)

ever since i added the bubble strip by brichardi's have been more comfy and are out alot more and not always under that piece of slate. it may of been a coincedence by them getting use to the tank and coming out when i came home frmo vacation (and i put the stone in there 2-3 days b4)

i havent seen them at the top yet (dont know if they will) but they use to be bottom now their bottom-middle

Old 07-31-2004, 01:41 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to oscarbreeder
Glad to see they are adjusting well...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/kyman_33/sig.jpg
oscarbreeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 01:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

. and their not chasing my SAE's anymore so i think either they learned their too fast or they made a truce
Old 07-31-2004, 09:59 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Tanganyikans need well aerated water: it's possible the bubble strip is providing the oxygen that was lacking before.

Brichardi don't usually stray too far from their territory so you won't see them near the surface very often (if at all).
Voodoo Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 10:18 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

ic... i have an emperor 280 on there. and thats like 8-9x per hour (circulation) spray bar at full. i think it was just a coincedence. because i wasnt watching them during my vacation i think they just crept out more and more until they were like fully out. and when i got home thats what i saw. and theres only 1 bristlenose pleco, 2 SAE's 1 bamboo shrimp (like |------------------| that big) and 2 snails (like |---------------------| that big each. but my snails usually use their lungs to breath. like every now and then they go to the surface and use their lil lung appendage to breath.

and its kinda funny since they came out and expanded their territory they should be more territorial to the SAE's instead of not
Old 07-31-2004, 11:10 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Krap101.. while you were away I got a Brichardi. She seems to go all over the left half of the tank top to bottom. I have 3 hiding holes in there but are not being used. Must be she doesnt like them. Next water change I will move one on the right side over to her side.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:04 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

oh. i think my brichardi's like their hiding spots. i covered pvc piping with sand and made openenings at the top of the sand. and put a large pirce of slate that covers 1/2 the bottom of the tank. they can hide under that or go into the pipe. the male prefers the pipe but the female likes the slate. (i think thats what their genders are)
Old 08-01-2004, 08:37 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Brichardi are rather fond of rock piles as well.
Voodoo Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 12:13 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to Endgame319
My brichardi dig their own little tunnels under rocks and decorations. I just hope that the rocks wont collapse on them. And its hillarious seeing the fish work together clearing a spot for the fry. They pick up huge gravel pieces, swim to the other side of the tank and drop them. Now I have a mountain of gravel on one side, and bare bottom glass on the other. I don't think I'll mess with it untill the fry are a little bigger. (they are actually looking like brichardi now). My brichardi are all over the tank, and they often come to the top. But maybe thats because I feed them floating pellets.

Tags
ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com