my brichardi's are out now :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
ever since i added the bubble strip by brichardi's have been more comfy and are out alot more and not always under that piece of slate. it may of been a coincedence by them getting use to the tank and coming out when i came home frmo vacation (and i put the stone in there 2-3 days b4)

i havent seen them at the top yet (dont know if they will) but they use to be bottom now their bottom-middle :)

:). and their not chasing my SAE's anymore so i think either they learned their too fast or they made a truce :)

Tanganyikans need well aerated water: it's possible the bubble strip is providing the oxygen that was lacking before.

Brichardi don't usually stray too far from their territory so you won't see them near the surface very often (if at all).

ic... i have an emperor 280 on there. and thats like 8-9x per hour (circulation) spray bar at full. i think it was just a coincedence. because i wasnt watching them during my vacation i think they just crept out more and more until they were like fully out. and when i got home thats what i saw. and theres only 1 bristlenose pleco, 2 SAE's 1 bamboo shrimp (like |------------------| that big) and 2 snails (like |---------------------| that big each. but my snails usually use their lungs to breath. like every now and then they go to the surface and use their lil lung appendage to breath.

and its kinda funny since they came out and expanded their territory they should be more territorial to the SAE's instead of not :)

Krap101.. while you were away I got a Brichardi. She seems to go all over the left half of the tank top to bottom. I have 3 hiding holes in there but are not being used. Must be she doesnt like them. Next water change I will move one on the right side over to her side.

oh. i think my brichardi's like their hiding spots. i covered pvc piping with sand and made openenings at the top of the sand. and put a large pirce of slate that covers 1/2 the bottom of the tank. they can hide under that or go into the pipe. the male prefers the pipe but the female likes the slate. (i think thats what their genders are)

My brichardi dig their own little tunnels under rocks and decorations. I just hope that the rocks wont collapse on them. And its hillarious seeing the fish work together clearing a spot for the fry. They pick up huge gravel pieces, swim to the other side of the tank and drop them. Now I have a mountain of gravel on one side, and bare bottom glass on the other. I don't think I'll mess with it untill the fry are a little bigger. (they are actually looking like brichardi now). My brichardi are all over the tank, and they often come to the top. But maybe thats because I feed them floating pellets.

Back
Top Bottom