My Christmas gift to myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nedge85 said:
and id thought id bought myself some cool christmas presents

Yeah, I think may have gone a bit overboard. LOL

meegosh said:
Couldn't leave it alone, could you? Haha ;)

If you are planning shelves then that will definitely make your life easier when you go to install them. Looking good!

Nope, sure could not. Now I'm actually wanting to level it but can't think of how.
Ah, plastic toilet bowl shims. Happened to have a pack in my toolbox. Hopefully they will hold up under the weight.

Every time I buy stain or paint I grab a bunch of stir sticks. They are excellent shims and are easily cut flush with the front. They may be too thick for your application but just a thought.

blert said:
Just ordered...

...for my 37 gallon:
MarineLand Majesty stand,
Aquatop CF-400UV,
Hydor inline 300w heater,
AquariumPlants CarbonDoser II regulator,
5lbs CO2 tank,
Milwaukee SMS-122 PH probe,
7.01 PH test solution,
Check valve,
MarineLand Maxi-Jet 600,
PVC bits to make inline CO2 reactor and inline PH probe port.

...for my 40b
Wood and stuff needed to build stand,
CurrentUSA Nova Extreme 36" 6500k bulbs,
AquariumPlants CarbonDoser II regulator,
5lbs CO2 tank,
Drop checker,
Check valve,
Two bags of Eco-Complete black.

Also picked up ten feet of CO2 resistant tubing and AquariumPlants Total root pellets.

The only thing that will be inside my 37 gallon will be the inlet and outlet. No heater, no probe, no hardware in the tank at all. Yay!

Going to start building the stand for the 40b tomorrow hopefully. When that is done I will let it run for a bit and move the fish from the 37g to it so I can empty it and put it in it's new stand. Hopefully soon thereafter UPS will be near delivery of my stuff so I can get the new hardware all plumbed in.

Wish you was my secret Santa!!!!

meegosh said:
Every time I buy stain or paint I grab a bunch of stir sticks. They are excellent shims and are easily cut flush with the front. They may be too thick for your application but just a thought.

Good idea. I think I have some of them around somewhere. The toilet bowl shims seemed to work nicely but I think I'll tap in some stir stick pieces to fill the gaps for added support so there is no warping from the weight.

Aquatop filter came today. Yay! So, 40b stand build is done, 37g stand and filter is in waiting for the rest of the parts. Expecting a glass drop checker and 4dkh solution in the mail tomorrow. Everything else should be here Thursday (hey! Just realized that is tomorrow!) except for my CO2 cylinders, they will be here on the 27th. :(

I guess I get to install everything this weekend! Then I can tune the CO2 next week if the kids will let me. ;)

The Aquatop filter is wonderful. Totally silent, very easy to set up and clean. Crazy easy to prime.

The inlet and outlet bits are a little cheesy. I actually broke two of the three inlet extension tubes during assembly but I didn't need them anyway. The outlet tube is slightly split and leaks a bit but it is just below the water level so it will be fine I guess. I will call Aquatop and see if they will replace it.

Flow is a bit much in my tank with only one of the spray bar fittings, blew my plants around like crazy, so I had to use both.

It came with 20 one inch bio-balls but I used ceramic rings instead and will possibly use the bio-balls in my CO2 reactor.

Overall, it looks like it was a great investment.

Everything delivered today! Now I just need to get the kids to leave me alone for a few hours. LOL! That will happen. Probably go fill the cylinders tomorrow and set everything up when school starts again next week.

Back
Top Bottom