My Clown Loach the Comedian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquanewbie72

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know this is perfectly "normal" behavior for a clown loach - but it still scares me every time! LOL

img_602582_0_54b3fe6ed73ec2463dacc475e1703ced.jpg

img_602582_1_0cb7a11e8701382db5187bab9d1e3605.jpg

Yeah, I've had mine for a little over a month now and he did that to me yesterday for the first time . . . .freaked me out! I wish they wouldn't do that. Only seconds later (because I of course had to go in there and nudge him) he was up at the top "clicking" at me. Probably ticked off that I woke him up.

I sleep on my side too, I probably would get upset if somebody poked me with a gigantic net.

Yours actually come out to play? :) I came here just now to post about clown loaches. The one I've had for the longest is about 6 inches long, and he always stays hidden. Well, as hidden as he can be. I just put three more babies from quarantine into the display tank, and the original loach's behavior amused me. It's like they know that they're the same. The three little ones (an inch long, if that) quickly found his hiding spot. Silly me...I was afraid he might try to keep them away. In fact, what he did was chase the other fish (angels and a danio) away when they came to check out their new tankmates. He was protecting the yungins! It was so adorable. And then he'd coax the yungins back into the fort when they'd consider venturing out. Whenever another fish came close, he'd stick his head out a little bit and warn them not to come any closer. It was really funny.

I just looked over there, and one of the babies was actually laying on top of the big one. Too funny! I can't wait until they stop being scared and start playing.

-j

My loach was sort of doing that this morning with his head under a piece of wood. Little jerk was fine. Now he and the red-tailed shark are up in the thing trying to stress me out.

That is too funny. I have had mine for about 3 weeks now. He is fun to watch zoom around. Thought he would pick on the newly added ottos. But he leaves them alone.Him and my cory swim together occasionly. Yet to hear him "click". Hopefully will soon.

Mine is out pretty much all the time, and he's definately got personality. Kind of a food hog though . . . .rather than stick with one piece of food, he looks for the groups of fish that are eating and then tries to chase them all away so he can eat what they're having . . . .doesn't bother them, they just go somewhere else and eat until he notices they've moved.

Mine must be an overactive "clicker" . . . .haven't nailed down what makes him do it. He does it just after I put food in the tank. Just after the lights go out and the moon lights come on, and in the morning when the lights come back on.

Back
Top Bottom