My Conundrum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
20140920_154134.jpg

Went into Pet[store] with intent to purchase, and the 46 bowfront was gone, so... decision made!

Now, to choose equipment!

Yeah, I should probably feel ashamed for not going the DIY route, but hey, I usually err on the side of time vs. the side of money, and this saves a lot of time! This is the Aqueon 45--I think it's supposed to be 36"x13"x24" high. I want to try my hand at a planted tank (maybe maybe medium-tech?), and I personally don't like how those black plastic hoods look, so I think a glass lid and a new light will be on the list after it gets going. As an engineer who likes gizmos, and as someone who is coming from using a trickle filter sump whatchamacallit, I kinda want to get a fancy canister filter, but as someone who has mostly skinflint Scotsman blood, I think a HOB filter (looking at a Fluval C4) is probably how I'm going to go, at least to start with.

The dog is a complete goofball--she loves water (and all other reflective shiny things) and was very fascinated with the whole rising water level thing. It'll be interesting to see what she does with pretty shiny fish to look at.

Nice tank...what do "they" say? Time is money. Or, if one is not making money he would be having a fun time spending it on his (or her) aquarium hobby :whistle:

Well, the tank is still holding water in the garage, and I just made a rather frighteningly massive order from Amazon, that along with another pilgrimage to the various pet stores today netted just about all of the hardware, so I ought to be able to start putting the whole geddup together Wednesday, assuming Prime holds true (it always has in the past!).

Well, the tank is still holding water in the garage, and I just made a rather frighteningly massive order from Amazon, that along with another pilgrimage to the various pet stores today netted just about all of the hardware, so I ought to be able to start putting the whole geddup together Wednesday, assuming Prime holds true (it always has in the past!).

It seems that you will be having a SUPER fun weekend this week!!! No more conundrum btw.

Heh, yeah, I guess once I get everything in one place I should start a new thread. I successfully beat away at least a few conundrums with your help, abusing the forum search function, and massive piles of dollar bills!

:flowers: The dollar bills are especially useful. I am happy you got the ball rolling. Make sure to post the link for the new build thread here. You could be listing everything and start it before you get all distracted with playing with the spoils of hard work!

Back
Top Bottom