My crayfish escaped alcatraz!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had a 5 gallon with a lid and floating plants. I had a cloning cray. HAD. He escaped. Not only did he escape the tank though. I had stuff all over the floor in my room. It was pretty impassable to small dogs let alone crayfish. He escaped. He made it from one side of my room to the other, then he crossed the hall, finally he made it about a quarter way into the bathroom and died.
I think he hid somewhere during the day because I could not find him and I even used that bathroom.
Lesson to learn, marbled (cloning) crays are professional escape artist. BEWARE!

All crayfish are escape artists - I had one crawl up the air tube of an undergravel filter and escape out a small hole in the lid that had been cut to allow the tubing and heater cords to go through the hood.

Mine did something like that when i was like in 4th grade. It like wedged itself between the filter and the glass scooted up. Crazy stuff

sad day!!! how did he get out of the tank
The wardens (malaysian trumpet snails) arent talking but I suspect he climbed the heater as I saw him doing it on a previous occasion.
All crayfish are escape artists - I had one crawl up the air tube of an undergravel filter and escape out a small hole in the lid that had been cut to allow the tubing and heater cords to go through the hood.
Thats horrible! I love them but I dont like escapes.
Mine did something like that when i was like in 4th grade. It like wedged itself between the filter and the glass scooted up. Crazy stuff
I didnt know they could do that!
I think you mean cray-z stuff ;)

Sorry about your cray though! Will you be getting a new one
Yes and no. I bought him for 15 bucks and I would be mad but he was berried when I bought em and the eggs hatched before he escaped. So I actually have like 60 more but Im not buying another :) I am selling the babies though.

Sorry to hear about your cray :( nice that youve still got babies tho! got pics?

had a red lobster years ago escaped many times, into the bathroom, bedroom, kitchen the last escape was the most impressive he made it from the second floor apartment down two flights of stairs to the basement where he set up camp in the sump pump basin even started tunneling in the mud, I would drop him a couple pellets when I was down there doing laundry this went on for @ 2 months before I was able to catch him and return him to the tank where he promptly moulted and was eaten, felt a bit guilty on that

I think you mean cray-z stuff ;)

Sorry about your cray though! Will you be getting a new one

LOL! I dont think I will get a new one, that was a long time ago and now I have a community tank. Never realized how fun fish keeping could be!!!

LOL! I dont think I will get a new one, that was a long time ago and now I have a community tank. Never realized how fun fish keeping could be!!!
Get some dwarfs. Community safe with on aggressive fish.

Berried when you got HER, haha! No such thing as a male marbled cray, lol. That does suck, my crayfish did the same thing, probably climbed up my heater or maybe the airline. At least you still have some juvies, though. Mine got all the way to the front door when she made her jailbreak, through a messy room, under a door, through a hallway and across the living room where she may or may not have had a run in with my cat.

Berried when you got HER, haha! No such thing as a male marbled cray, lol. That does suck, my crayfish did the same thing, probably climbed up my heater or maybe the airline. At least you still have some juvies, though. Mine got all the way to the front door when she made her jailbreak, through a messy room, under a door, through a hallway and across the living room where she may or may not have had a run in with my cat.
lol nice. They sure are agile little buggers!

Back
Top Bottom