My dad's fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mentallylost

Aquarium Advice Freak
I feel for for dad's tank right now. I just got off of the phone with him and we were talking about fish. He just saw mine on the internet so he wanted to tell me about his. He has a 29 gallon tank with 6 Tinfoil Barbs and a Bala Shark. He was saying that they are all about 6" now. Don't these fish get to be about 13" long or so? I hope that he finds a LFS to bring them to. Or a larger tank for them.

My grandmother had a school of 5 tin foils in a 55 by themselves for 15+ years.. they were huge.. Id say somewere around 10-12"s.. The Bala Shark sounds like it needs a new home and the tin foils would be great in a 75 gallon.. :mrgreen:

Tinfoils rock! I had 3 in a 45 gal tall years back. They all lived to be about 8 years old and died about 6 weeks apart (to old age I think). Fully grown they were only about 8 inches due to whatever constraints, presumably the aquarium size, but they seemed happy throughout all the years. I'm sure they would have thrived better in a larger tank, but I was young and broke back then. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom