My DG died...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well one of my DG's died I am guessing cause the other one was more dominant. It was pretty bloated as well. Not sure why.

I got one at the LFS, and it died about 3 days after I got it, and it was really bloated too. The one that got pestered to death was REALLY skinny. The last one I was able to save because I moved him to another tank away from the bully
Sorry to hear about your fish! How long has you had it?

I bought them at the same time. Had them about a week and a half or 2.

DG as in Dragon Goby? If so did you have him in brackish water?

Gee I hate abbreviations especially that I do nut get!!! LOL

Okay I believe instead of buying two gouramis by three or five as I noticed a similar fate when I would buy two gouramis,

hmm. Interesting. Well I bought 5 black neon tetras and they seem happy in there but one doesnt school. Should these fish be in even numbers?

No, I think you are supposed to have odd numbers, if I remember right. I still would not recommend more than one DG per tank.

They are all schooling together now. Sometimes one just hang out at the surface though. weird lol

lol, i thought DG meant dog. I was thinking awww, his poor dog died. Then i read your first post saying 1 was more dominant then the other and it was bloated, Then i was really confused thinking "how did he not notice that?"

Ya, dwarf gouromis can be a pain at times. You have to get a good stock that is well takin care of.

HAHAHAAA! One of my dogs is more dominant than the other lol...But they aren't bloated too often.
HAHA! Now your post made me laugh!

Back
Top Bottom