My discus breeding tank has gotten blurry? Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy.scales

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had me breeding tank for some months and after doing a water change and cleaning the wood the water has turned very cloudy.
I think it could be the tank a in the water but I don’t really know.
If you have any ideas of what could have happened please reply!!
I have added two photos below they both have the same water but one is cloudy could you please tell me why?
IMG_2017.jpg
IMG_2020.jpg

if you're discus breeding tank doesn't look like something you'd drink in the case of an emergency youre doing it wrongg

Last edited:
It should be as clean as the source,.you should be changing it daily until they spawn than switching to ro.

Lighting may be an issue also ?
How long are the lights on for BB tank ?
And what is your water maintenance schedule ?

Lighting may be an issue also ?
How long are the lights on for BB tank ?
And what is your water maintenance schedule ?

I do a water change on my tank every two days 20% and it is from rain water the other picture has the same schedule for water changes and the same Rain water

Rainwater collected from a rooftop can contain all kinds of pollutants and even heavy metals. Just a heads up. If it is collected in containers, I would always use a water conditioner which can control heavy metals, like Prime.

The rainwater might be the cause of the cloudy tank, bacteria or organics if from a dirty tarp or roof from sitting around over a long period.

Back
Top Bottom