my diy co2 running!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
well yesterday i finally decided to set my diy co2 thing (i mad the bottle 2 days ago) i wasnt sure if i wanted to let it run and yesterday after i did my pwc i decided to make the co2 mix and it was around 330ish pm and i checked aput 9 pm and still wasnt running so i thought that it wouldnt work and this morning i woke up and it was finally working so i made this video and i posted it here

also this is the bottle size:

a 3 liter and a old jar (not sure of the size

heres the video Diy co2 n fish tank - YouTube

Looks good! Yea, DIY CO2 has a ramp up time

I couldn't see from your vid, but if you run you CO2 into A) your filter outflow or B) your powerhead, you may get better distribution.

I couldn't see from your vid, but if you run you CO2 into A) your filter outflow or B) your powerhead, you may get better distribution.

No im just runing it straight through a airstone

i have a few questions about that:

1) if i decide to put it in the power head will it work with the koriola????

2) in case it dont work how do i put it with the outflow of a fluval 404, i have the output hooked to a uv sterilizer???

check this out i moved it to to be on way of the water flow running from the power head

you might try putting it next to the intake side of the powerhead instead. the impeller could help dissolve the co2

Yes. Ideally, the impeller of the power head chops the bubbles into much smaller bubbles. Smaller bubbles = more surface area = more absorption. Might also help if the flows not sending your bubbles up to the surface.

Back
Top Bottom