my dream.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d1anonly22

Aquarium Advice Freak
so my dream is to one day own a big breeding facility. i want to be the one supplying the stores. but im just starting. i know how to breed most fish. and i have always been able to make it happen as soon as they were sexually ready. i never have any problems with that process but i did with keeping the fry alive, i have 1 remaing jack dempsey fry out of 200. my molly fry stayed strong though all 12 are surviors. anyways im going to be reading everything i can to learn about all fresh water fish and breeding on a large scale. but any advice from you guy and gals would help a lot to.:rolleyes: oh and you can check out my 55 gallon in the tanks showcase.

Hey good luck with that. :) check out simplydiscus.com, their forums have several people who built fish rooms which would be a small scale of what you are looking to do eventually. I think the trick with the fry will work itself out with more tanks and more experience. :) Best of luck to you and your future hatchery. :)

That's a very ambitious goal and I wish you luck. The first step (as you already know) is to research. Check out the major sites and become an information sponge. You do need to understand that the large commercial operations (primarily in Florida) are on a huge scale and very expensive to start, purchase, and operate. I'd suggest giving yourself an intermediate goal. If you want to seriously breed fish, start with a few tanks on racks and throw out any ideas of the typical aquascaping. Go from your current tanks to racks of tanks, to a fishroom, and learn along the way. The most valuable fish to rear are the rarer and tougher to breed so be prepared to challenge yourself. I promise you... there's no real profit in raising mollies. ;)

oh yeah i know theres no profit in mollies, that just happened. and as for the large scale im not expecting to accomplish that until im pretty old, im only 21 now and have a while. ive done a lot of reading on breeding many different types, so many different books and im still looking for more to read. im trying to get my uncle in on it with me who has a lot of experience, together we will be unstopable, jk. unfortunetly the lfs here only give store credit which has been good for tank supplies not so much the bills.

Back
Top Bottom