My experience with ATM Colony and staff.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just because many people have years of doing it a different way doesn't mean anything.

Even more so because I bet I have done more research In three months than most in their entire time keeping fish.

Just because many people have years of doing it a different way doesn't mean anything. Even more so because I bet I have done more research In three months than most in their entire time keeping fish.
you're really going for it huh? If it were not for some of the members on this forumn you would not have anything to research.. Where do you think it all comes from?? Experience.. Trial and error... You'll be contributing to someone's research one day too!

Just because many people have years of doing it a different way doesn't mean anything.

Even more so because I bet I have done more research In three months than most in their entire time keeping fish.

Wow... Presumptions much? I can promise you that even if you had researched for 24/7 for the last 3 months straight then you'd still have less hours of research than just what I spent on putting together my 36 gallon bowfront GloTank with dual DIY sump/refugium system. And that's not counting the other tanks I don't even have yet that I've researched and planned for when I do have the funds and space to make them happen. That said, I still don't presume to say that I know more about how to do things than everyone else here. There's just too much information out there that you're constantly learning.

Anyways, I think you'd also lose that bet if we took a poll of how much research your fellow aquarium enthusiasts have done vs how long they've been in the hobby, but that would quickly take this off topic. Just because you don't like what we're telling you is no reason to start throwing around insults and assumptions... We're all here because we love our fish and want whats best for them, not to try and argue who knows the most.

Yes, 17 planted tanks later and I have absolutely no clue how cycling a tank works.

Having worked in an aquarium store and I have absolutely no clue how to keep fish in general.

Having had aquariums since I was knee-high to a grasshopper (I'm now 42) and I still have no clue.

Having had many breeding programs in the past and still doing selective breeding for my LFS and I still have no clue.

But you've had a tank for how long and you have all the answers and clues? Got ya'.

So, when I go to set up my next tank, I'll come to you for advice, mmmmmkay?

There are people who have so much experience that they can tell you about their tank by the smell. Think you are gonna do what you want no matter what you research. If you researched that much it would be obvious to you that rams need a mature tank

Wow really? That is just a big arrogant isn't it? You've researched by talking with a representative of a bacteria in a bottle company? Besides that, what actual research have you done in regards to cycling and bacteria? I see you posted a thread about it on this site earlier, curious as to what else you've found. Also humored by how you skip over posts that you really don't have a response for.

I think the biggest issue newbies run into in this hobby is patience. This hobby, sw or fw requires a huge amount of patience. Nothing good happens fast. But yeah talking like you know everything doesn't get you far either.

2 offended MOD's and Brookster is done helping?...:popcorn: Research is great, and I commend you for doing it, but was it your intention to tell everyone who has been keeping fish for years and years(and sharing their acquired knowledge with countless strangers for nothing more than the pleasure they take in helping people to better care for their fish!) you are smarter than they are?

I'm glad you found great service from this company/associate, but your not doing them any favors by telling us about it then saying we are all wrong...
Best of luck to your fish!

Even the smartest newbie with 2-3 months of research has to ask questions. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396571271.567180.jpg

But to be so cocky and arrogant to some well experienced folks just leaves a bad taste all around.

I've been researching freshwater for over a year and salt for a few months.. Even with that, I know i still will probably need help in the future for problems or just questions that I had never taught about before.. No one is omniscient, you can't know all, even of just one subject ;)

update: Day 8, 0 ammonia, .25ppm nitrite, 10ppm nitrates

fish are all doing incredible, colors are really coming in and plants are growing like mad.

All differences aside.. You're tank looks really great! Pics of the rams??

thats Carol :)

here is Joe

for some reason the camera makes em look alot more white then they are. Also because of the cycle I have hardly been feeding, so that could be why their color is not really bright just yet. They are also very young. Compared to day 1 when I got them from the shop they look alot bigger and more colored already. Very active pair.

here is a few pics from when i first got them.

thats joe

here is carol

Back
Top Bottom