My filter is not working y?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

great1980

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have aqueon 75 gallon hang on filter iam using it from a month,all of a sudden it stop working,I have change cartridge but all in vain .i have 75 gallon aquarium and 13 Chiclids in it with sand.is it because of sand.can any one help me.its a brand new filter.:(

What kind of filter? I had that happen with my marine land HOB all the time. you have to pull out the impeller and clean it out and get it started again. Make sure the intake is at least 6" from the sand.

If you hear a kind of "magnetic sound" it means it's only the magnet impeller that is stuck. Try cleaning the thing withh a Q-Tips. I had this issue with my Fluval C3 when it was too dirty, it won't start after a unplug/replug.

Sometime by unplugging/replugging it several times fast it unlock the impeller and start again, but I recommand cleaning it !

Most HOB filters have a way to take the motor off and remove the impeller to clean it. Mine do that when they get a lot of build up inside. Sometimes you can reach in and give the impeller a push to start it. Use a q-tip to reach in and push the impeller. Sand will sometimes break a few fan blades off the impeller and it cannot turn because of no blades for water resistance. Then just buy another impeller.

Back
Top Bottom