My first aquarium disaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mctypething

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, I finally had my first major malfunction. I was getting ready to clean my Marineland C-360 canister filter and turn the switch that is supposed to stop the flow of water into the filter. Well, when I went to take the filter into the kitchen to clean it, the intake/outake tubes were still draining water. About 10 gallons or so drained out of the take and onto the floor. Thank God I had a shop vac.

I had to pull the intake/outake tubes out of the tank in order to stop the flow of water. I have no idea what caused this as I've cleaned the filter before and never had this problem. I'm planning on calling Marineland on Monday and giving them a piece of my mind.

Has anyone else had this happen with their canister? Thankfully it wasn't too bad a disaster but having all that water on my floor wasn't a lot of fun!

Do you have shut off valves for the lines running from the tank to the filter? If so, did you shut them off? If there are no shut off valves the water will syphon back thhrough the hoses..

I know your pain, I've had this happen to me before as well. Hope nothing got really messed up.

Yes, when I turned the shut off valve, water continued coming out of the tubes. The filter is still working fine. It's just amazing to me that such an important aspect could ne screwed up by the manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom