My first cories, ever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoK

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just bought 3 peppered cories today. I did research on them before I got them but I was wondering what foods do all yours seem to like the best?
I also have a concern, my dwarf frogs seem to be mistakening them for food. It looks like they are trying to eat them because they are striking at them as they would with the worms and frozen food I feed them. What do you think, should I seperate them?

The spines on the cories should teach the frogs a thing or two. 8O

I feed mine with bloodworms and plant chips, but I think they clean up excess flake too. I put in just a little too much food for the other fish to gobble so that some gets down to the cories.

I throw in sinking tablets like algae tablet/wafers for my corys. I try to be observant of how much floating food the top feeders can consume and seeing how my 3 rosey barbs and neons don't let much get to the gravel, sinking food is a must.

My 1 peppered cory has got to be the hardiest fish I've ever had... he's about 6 yrs old and the 2 others he came with only died recently cause I had a bad disease outbreak about 2 months ago.

Mine eat blood worm, brine shrimp (both frozen) and I usually break in half a Tetramin Tropical sinking tablet. I like these better than the algae tabs just because there is more stuff in them.

all of the above mentioned food is great for cories. In fact, I am not sure there is anything they won't eat, lol. As always, a varied diet is the best diet.

Sounds good, but so it will be ok to keep the frogs and them together?

I think the frogs will give up on them. Frogs do not have the best sight in the world, so I imagine they are giving it a try to see if it is edible. Keep an eye on things and remove the frogs or the cories if it looks like it is not improving. I can't imagine that the frogs would be harmful to cories, though.

It looks like they are leaving them alone now, thanks.
The cories are so much fun to watch!

I have 4 Julii and one peppered cory..I feed mine Brine shrimp Pellets and some wafers..they eat quite a bit of the food that just falls down from the fish to..

Ya, I love my corys to death. Great fish to have on the bottom of virtually any tank.

Back
Top Bottom