My first tank dirting!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flitabout

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was planning on waiting until my livebearer fry were older but the center support on my 37g tall tank broke. Petsmart is replacing the tank so today I am doing the deed! I am sure my fish are sick of living in this for the last 2 days but parameters in the bucket are perfect! My poor plants are living in a plastic bag covered 1g pitcher. DW with anubias is in the bucket with the fish. The gravel is in the big bowl and stock pot all also covered.

I also got a few new plants some dwarf hair grass, a cardinal plant, Staurogyne repens, crypt balansae. I am also thinking of some flame moss once I get just the right piece of dw to add to the tank.

Looks nice. Funny to me though because I am taking my dirt tank apart and replacing with sand. :) I don't think my cap was deep enough.

Best wishes with your tank!

LOL I wanted to do sand on the dirt but I couldn't find any while I was in town today. I will eventually do it but this was a really quick job. I do have a really thick cap of gravel. I am hoping my plants keep doing as well as they have been their roots that grew in the gravel were growing like mad!

Tank looks awsome bro. Good job! Thats why petsmart is always the best at what they do.

I didn't want to bring my cycled filter back in with the old tank and they didn't take the other one out of the box so now I have 2 filters! My fry are all hanging out in the hairgrass so you can't really see them. But the cardinals are just loving it! The specs still in the tank are a few of the fry that are actually not in the plants. I really can't wait to see how it all starts pick up with dirt and better lighting. I am dosing liquid carbon until I can afford a co2 system.

Back
Top Bottom