My fish are afraid of bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

curiousmanners

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So to spice up the aquarium I bought a bubbler for my 55g. The one i bought had 2 ports so I put up two bubble decorations (ones a volcano and the other a cannon). I installed them a day ago and since then the fish are staying at the extreme ends of the tank as far away as possible from the bubbles.

So my question is has anyone else had this situation.. I'm sure they will eventually figure out the bubbles aren't trying to eat them.. but still I was wondering

I'm wondering too. I Have a bubble wand that has always been in there and all was fine but then I put a bubbling barrel in the middle and it just seemed like too many bubbles so I unplugged that one from the air pump for now. I hope someone knows if too many bubbles will stress fish.

Any aeration will disrupt the current of water the fish were used to. Plus, if you put your ear to the tank, bubbles are loud. Fish can sense that and it's probably making them a bit wary of it. It's a new piece, it makes noise, causes movement they aren't used to so they will avoid it for a bit.

Once they get used to it, they should resume their usual activity.

Should the bubblers be turned off at night? I never turned my wand off.

Vanilla and chocolate I think. I put an ice cream sandwich near the tank and the fish swam to the opposite end.

Back
Top Bottom