My fish are hiding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I turn my lights on around the same time everyday, and turn them off after 7hours. I just have my fish on a routine so they know what to expect. But they will try hide and scatter when I do my water changes

Maybe you could try adding something like jungle val to the layout. Its a nice tall plant that seems to make my tetras feel secure. Do the barbs interact with your other fish ever? I've had those fish and they can definitely drive others to go into hiding.

Maybe you could try adding something like jungle val to the layout. Its a nice tall plant that seems to make my tetras feel secure. Do the barbs interact with your other fish ever? I've had those fish and they can definitely drive others to go into hiding.
They all hang out together actually. The molly and platys swim to the top a lot more but when they are together there's no chasing or anything. They all like each other hah. And I might try that. I had some water lilly in there but it was growing so much so fast my other plants weren't getting enough light

It's probably the temp. Same thing happened to my tiger barbs until I noticed they were 10 degrees under their desired temp. I fixed the issue with a new heater, the older one was faulty.

It's probably the temp. Same thing happened to my tiger barbs until I noticed they were 10 degrees under their desired temp. I fixed the issue with a new heater, the older one was faulty.
You think so? That would make sense because my nitrate and getting lower and lower and my ammonia is at 0 so it can't be that. I'll get a new heater and see. thank you!

Anything work yet?
They're moving around a bit more now that my nitrate level went down to 20ppm but they're still not as active as usual so I'm going to test my water temp an get a heather cause I'm thinking its a bit cold in there

If you don't have a heater that could certainly be the cause, if the fish are cold it could make them feel tired(?).

Back
Top Bottom