My Fish hangs out in corner of tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HKMMSW

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have my goldfish princess. I have noticed over the last two days, she has been hanging out in the bottom of the tank in the corner behind the big scuba bubbler. She is eating well and every so often will swim calmly. She is not gasping for air but there is a small red spot near her gill and I have done water testing. At present all levels are within normal range except my PH. Its registering acidic. I use the jungle quick dips. I did a 50% if not more water change yesterday when the behavior started. Does anyone have any advice? I love this fish and so do my patients.

Okay sort not getting here sooner really sorry. Those strips I believe there strips are inaccurate. Mainly you should get a liquid test kit. The api test kit should work. How big is your tank bowls won't work. A ten gallon can be used but is not recommended for goldies. What type of goldfish is it. Also did you cycle.your aquarium if you didn't you should look around for help. Im not trying to hound.or.hurt your feelings.just trying to help. It does seem bad but just to be sure follow the steps.

antmantis1 said:
Okay sort not getting here sooner really sorry. Those strips I believe there strips are inaccurate. Mainly you should get a liquid test kit. The api test kit should work. How big is your tank bowls won't work. A ten gallon can be used but is not recommended for goldies. What type of goldfish is it. Also did you cycle.your aquarium if you didn't you should look around for help. Im not trying to hound.or.hurt your feelings.just trying to help. It does seem bad but just to be sure follow the steps.

A ten can't be used long term. They get big and it'll probably get stunted. If the tank is not cycled and it is small, she most likely will die without frequent water changes

Your right I just told the person for a short amount of time and on the size of your goldies. Also goldfish are bottom feeders I think. So maybe there is food in between the travel and stuff and you goldies might be greedy my fish does it sometimes more like once in a blue moon. I didn't mean to say its bad it might not be.

Mines always swimming around but it does like to peck at the bottom in search of food alot. I wouldn't say they're actual bottom feeders though. Their anatomy doesn't suggest that either

Okay I have a question my fantail goldie won't move her gills they don't move at all they move every once in a while isn't this bad. What should I do.

Ok my tank is a a 5 gallon air pump tank with extra bubbler for air erration, yes I cycled the tank. My fish is no longer hanging out at the bototm. It did this for alike a few days then all the suden it stopped. She is a fantail i think, very pretty defineatly female. She seems to be fine. I was doing daily 50 -75% water changes prior to her being on the bottom. The tank is now a month and half old. I would say in the last 2 weeks, I have been down to just 2x a week. The water is crystal clear. No foul smells she is hyper, I think maybe she was just handing. out. I have a Mardel Live NH3 hanging in the tank but I will get the API kit. BTW how do i get the PH to rise. Its only at 6.2.

I am still trying to get the PH to stablilize in my tank. I am doing water changes 2-3 times a week. Everything else in the tank is within safe and good range. Fish is active and happy swiimming around. Any suggestions on what to do about the PH.

HKMMSW said:
I am still trying to get the PH to stablilize in my tank. I am doing water changes 2-3 times a week. Everything else in the tank is within safe and good range. Fish is active and happy swiimming around. Any suggestions on what to do about the PH.

Yea my fantail stopped the bottom of the tank thing too if was interesting she's fine now and is very greedy.

Back
Top Bottom