Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-08-2014, 04:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

My fish is blind!

I've had my EBJD about 6 weeks now and I think he's approx 14 weeks old. I had him in a community tank for a few weeks and now he's in a 29 with a royal plec. They are both just under 2 inch. They will hopefully both being moved to a 75 later.

While in the community tank I couldn't keep my eye on the ebjd, he was all over the place. But now he's on his bigger tank I have observed that he maybe blind. He doesn't see any food until its right in front of his eyes and when he goes to strike that he generally misses!! I have fed him frozen bloodworm out of my hand once and have sort of taught him a spot in the tank where I leave sinking cichlid pellets. It is like feeding a baby!! I'm just wondering what to do. Will I have to hand feed him all the time and will he have to stay in a tank on his own or would I be better getting rid of him?? I just don't know. Any advice?

Thank youClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407484010.083490.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	246042

Forgot to add, it looks like his eyes have started to go a bit cloudy!!

One day at a time

Tags
blind, fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com