My fish Jump Out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got 2x Jack Dem. today and now theres only 1...I removed all the rocks and everything and theres only 1 in there. Could it of jumped out? Theres no lid on the tank didnt think it would be an issue. I lowered the water level a few inches in hopes the other one doesnt do the same thing. But its the only thing I could think of. I dont know if petco will replace the fish if I dont have it haha.

Funny thing is I had the same issue with a alge eater. It just vanished. I thought it jumped it. Some how even with. A lid and everything. I took out all the rocks. Plants. Searched around under the gravel. Everything. It was gone. Then a day later I found it laying on top of the gravel dead. I swear it wasn't there a day befor.

Reminds me of a group of juvenile JD's I had in a tank last year. One night, randomly, had 6 or so out of 10 of them jump out of the tank. No water quality issues, and it happened in the middle of the night, so there wasn't any startling movement or whatever outside of the tank. Ever since then I put eggcrate over any open tank with a JD in it.

I had a fish disappear couldn't find it anywhere till my roommate found a "leaf" on the ground. It was the missing fish.

check in the HOB filter if you have one or if you have baseboard heating behind your tank check on top of the grills. Had both happen to fish

well today it was just some how back in the tank...he was one sneaky little guy because I removed all the rocks and everything and never saw him.

CleverBs said:
well today it was just some how back in the tank...he was one sneaky little guy because I removed all the rocks and everything and never saw him.

I had some baby clown loach that used to disappear for days, found out the castle ornament in the tank was hollow!

Back
Top Bottom