My Fish Love Me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blang

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yesterday I reached into the tank to take the uneatened zuchini out of my tank and three of my fish gave me a kiss! :lol: I think they appreciate all the hard work I put in to make sure that they are all healthy and happy. (I will not accept any other reason, like they thought I was food)

I wasn't surprised that my two Mollys came over but when my red-eye tetra gave me a quick peck, my heart melted. Now everytime I put my hand in the tank, someone always says "Thank you". :roll:

That happens to me too :D
My platies would peck on me when I'm doing water changes, although they probably just thought my hand was food, but nevertheless .... I'm happy :D
Congratulations!

Some do. I have a clown and some chomis that will come to the surface to nibble on my fingers. Also, the cleaner shrimp are notorious for jumping on your hands and arms while working in the tank, to clean you.

I have to be careful with my gourami and rainbowfish....if they see food (or any similarity) above the water, they will JUMP to reach it!!! 8O

I could probably train them to jump through hoops.... :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

* And yes....with time, most community fish will recognize your hands and show no shyness. (at least that's been my experience)

* When I had platys, they would let me pet them.... :kiss:

my purple spooted grudgeon lets me pick him up, my clown loach lets me pet him, my golfsih nibbled on my fingers, my giant danios will swim circles around my hand, my sleeper goby gets close, but is shy, as are the rest of the fish

blang said:
Yesterday I reached into the tank to take the uneatened zuchini out of my tank and three of my fish gave me a kiss! :lol: I think they appreciate all the hard work I put in to make sure that they are all healthy and happy. (I will not accept any other reason, like they thought I was food):roll:

The first time this happened to me I thought exactly that. Then I realized after several times that they understood that I wasn't food and were interested in what I was doing (vacuuming, redecoration, re-locating driftwood). I don't wanna get all mushy now but I guess you know what I mean. :kiss:

Yup....some fish are pretty smart. After awhile, they know your hands aren't food....they are most likely just curious about what your hands are doing in THEIR space and/or they are showing love/appreciation, much like a dog/cat rubbing against your legs.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it... :mrgreen:

(Had to correct some grammar/spelling before the spelling police caught me) :roll:

My fish love me to my catfish loves to come when i am vaccuming the tank and jump I am dead serious jump over my arm, I worry about him every time that he will miss the tank someday!
Any ideas about what i can do to keep him from doing this.

(I am the official 1st Degree Misspleer guily of misspleing tons of words)

My Danio's absolutely love me too! They rush to the side of the tank when I come home after being gone for a day or two for my job. They peck at my fingers when I clean the tank. I know I'm probably anthropomorphizing my fish, but hey, who knows? Makes me happy.

Michelle

Back
Top Bottom