My fish, my problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tomd500

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have these 5 fish, 2 gold gouramis, 1 male 1 female, 1 dalmation molly, male, and 2 creamsicle mollies, i believe both female. My problem is, the really large gold gourami, the female, is agressive and harasses the other fishes. Ive had the gouramis the same amount of time and the others about a weekish. What should i do?

Attachments

• image-2118140729.jpg
    image-2118140729.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 73
  • image-2330911894.jpg
    image-2330911894.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3508266900.jpg
    image-3508266900.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 92
  • image-2898092710.jpg
    image-2898092710.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 71
How big is the tank?

If possible you may need to return the gourami or return the others. The golden gouramis seem to have a nasty disposition even in the best of situations.

Only 10 gal its well filtered and kept up on, maybe territory?

Tomd500 said:
Only 10 gal its well filtered and kept up on, maybe territory?

Yes I think that the 10g tank is small for two gouramies. I agree with the previous advice, it is better to return it to the store

+1 on it being too small. You probably should have a minimum of 20gals for Mollies. But you could swing 2 dwarf gouramis in the 10 gal with some shrimp.

Our suggestions : return all your fish. :(

Yeah perhaps a dwarf gourami would be better if you're set on a gourami. The goldens reach about 6 inches.. which is actually a lot larger than it sounds at the time you're fish shopping. Add in that they can be teritorial... and also that if you do have a male/female pair.. they are going to be extra aggressive at points if they decide to breed.

Hope everything works out for ya.

I had Gold Gourami that I had to return as it bullied my daughter's Blue Gourami constantly ... and that's in a 75 Gal planted tank with caves. From what I've read and heard ... Gold Gourami's just seem to be more aggressive, and in a small tank, it just gets worst as it would literally always be on top of the other fish.

I find that Blue Gourami's seems to be more peaceful. Ours lives just find in a tank full of Barbs and one RTS with no problems.

Thanks for the help, i have had the intention of moving up to a 29-35 gal tank with my gouramis, but was mislead with my mollies :( thanks again everyone

I have these 5 fish, 2 gold gouramis, 1 male 1 female, 1 dalmation molly, male, and 2 creamsicle mollies, i believe both female. My problem is, the really large gold gourami, the female, is agressive and harasses the other fishes. Ive had the gouramis the same amount of time and the others about a weekish. What should i do?

Those gold gourami are so aggresive, I really can't stand them, personally. As you've already discovered, the tank is very overstocked and has fish that aren't appropriate for it. The gold gourami would belong in a semi aggresive 55 gal type set up, and the mollies would need a minimum of a 29 gal tank..they get 3-5" and poop alot.

I have no doubt the gouramis have the mollies seriously stressed. I would take them back ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom