My fish Plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm coming in a bit late here, but did you say your little brother has a Bristlenose in a 12g tank?
When you take your other fish over to your friend, you should take the BN with them. 12g is to small for him 20g would work but they should have at least 30g.
In a tank as small as a 12g, your brother should get a few of the snails. I don't know which snails, I just know that the BN Pleco needs more space than 12g.

I'm told he's an ALBINO bristle nose pleco. I saw a bristle nose pleco profile on this site, and he said the albino variety only got to 3 in. Is that just bogus, or does it make a difference?

The color type would make no difference on the size. Three inches is a bit small five would be more like it.

thats not whatJ ason7894561230 said. apparently the albino variety only grows to 3-4 in, while the regular grows 4-6 in. However, i shall follow your advice. then if not BP, what algae eater? i failed at ottos, and a regular pleco is to big. Borneo suckers? snails? should i try ottos again?

mr.waffles1842 said:
thats not whatJ ason7894561230 said. apparently the albino variety only grows to 3-4 in, while the regular grows 4-6 in. However, i shall follow your advice. then if not BP, what algae eater? i failed at ottos, and a regular pleco is to big. Borneo suckers? snails? should i try ottos again?

I'd try ottos again. Just wait till your tanks more established.

So how big do glowlight tetras and rummynoses get? Depending on each, I want to get a large school of the smaller one.

Glowlights get like two inches MAX, I know this because my LFS has some in a tank that are HUGE for a glowlight. Rummynoses is about two-three inches tops. I'd add the glowlights first, save rummynoses for later, that way you can see how it goes, since glowlights are a little more tolreable in pH and such.
I don't think anyone mentioned this, but there are three different types of rummynosed tetras. The differences are slight, so if you see some in a tank that are slightly rosy and some in another that are very bright red, it's because they're two different species.

Back
Top Bottom