Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-23-2002, 02:29 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via MSN to sunsplash76
My fish, the great gravel movers

Cichlids! Love them! Anyone who keeps them knows their personalities just sparkle. My cichlids give me so much enjoyment and entertainment. 2 of the 3 fish in my tank are big time gravel movers. Just thought I might share a pic of those 2, doing what they do best. I'de be interested to see a pic of other fish doing some weird stuff, anyone got a funny pic?
~Melissa~

Fish need love too! Melissa
sunsplash76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 08:13 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via Yahoo to SleeplessLwd
EMS503 has a Maroon and Gold Clown in one of his tanks that cleans the gravel by sweeping it with his tale. He'll also move plants if he doesn't like their location by carrying them in his mouth. It's pretty funny to watch him.

Old 10-23-2002, 08:24 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to Ramrebel
crayfish

my blue crayfish when he's not climbing the plant is pulling it up and i think even trying to eat it (it's plastic!)

Ed

20g - fireparrot
Ramrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 03:40 PM   #4

I don't have a pic of it, but mine do crazy stuff too--it's funny to watch the big oscar carrying gravel off of the slate, and while he is enroute to his dump location, the little convict runs in and puts as many back as he can before running to hide when he sees the big O coming back, he will do it over and over and over. It's hilarious!
Old 10-23-2002, 11:20 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have one also...

WhenI feed my pleco, I place an algae disc into a log where the pleco hides, and one of my oscars always takes the algae and places it at the opposite end of the tank. I always have to grab the food and then place it back into the log. My oscars play with the algae disc, throwing it up into the air and then catching it. They are funny guys. :P :P
Old 10-24-2002, 01:15 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

We've got an orange cichlid, no idea what type, that likes to move all the gravel to make a mountain in the tank. Never caught him in the act, just wake up in the morning to a pile of gravel.
Old 10-24-2002, 05:12 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via MSN to sunsplash76
Thanks Everyone~
Those are really funny stories. oscars seem to have alot of personality. I would love to find someone with an oscar tank, so I could view them for awhile. Wow, Everything from sweeping the tank with a tail to trying to eat fake plants; we all seem to have some quirky fish. I also experience waking up to half the tank gravel moved into a pile; makes me feel bad to move it back after seeing how much work it was for the poor fish. Thanks for all the great replies, I love hearing about fish behavior!
~Melissa~
Old 10-25-2002, 02:31 AM   #8

i just love oscars! they have the most personality and smarts of any fish i have ever kept, they are in a league all their own! would be cool if you could watch them...

Tags
eat, gravel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com