My fish won't eat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SirensEye00

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two mollies, they are about a week old. Seem to be super active, healthy, and everything you would expect. But when I feed them, they suck the food up but spit it right back out. I tried a mix of flakes and freeze dried shrimp, they wont eat either. Any suggestions? Do you think I should just switch brands of food? Also, is there any people food that is safe for them, just to add variation.

I was just thinking, if your eyesight is good enough that you can see a week old molly fry spitting out food, you should enroll in Superhero School. :brows:

Haha no I have had them a week. Sorry, lol. Need to proof read. The shrimp come in a few different sizes, I just try to give them the small ones. I am about to leave to go to the store, was wondering if there is a certain brand of food anyone prefers better? Also, my stepdad uses these frozen red things that smell like catfood (literally the only way I can describe it) to feed his fish. I dont know about this idea, has anyone tried it and do the fish seem to like it? His molly and his tetra's are HUGE, I can imagine its healthy for them.

Are you rehydrating the dried food before you feed them? If not, it can wreak havoc in their digestive tract as it expands.

I soak my dried food in Garlic Guard or Vita Chem every other day, then feed.

Back
Top Bottom