My friend is giving me his african cichlids i have fresh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonnypro

Aquarium Advice Freak
He has slowly for the past 2 months acclimated the to fresh. Every water change he did he put less and less salt in until he was not adding any salt. He is giving me them this sat because he is moving out of state. Can they live in my tank that is fresh without any harm. They have been doing well in his tank with no salt. Lmk

He has them in his tank that is brackish. Mine is fresh. Will they be fine in my tank?

How exactly does your friend make his tank "brackish"? I've honestly not heard of cichlids being brackish water fish. They can however be aggressive and I am most curious to know what kind if fish you already have in your tank

I have tiger barbs silver dollar crayfish iridescent sharks rainbow sharks. Turtle, glass cats, albino catfish pleco. And a few other ones that I was given.

Well the water shouldn't be an issue as they aren't brackish fish to begin with, however I would have a backup plan if they start terrorizing your other fish....

Well the water shouldn't be an issue as they aren't brackish fish to begin with, however I would have a backup plan if they start terrorizing your other fish....

He is giving me his whole setup too so if any problems arise I have a quarantine tanks thank you for your input.

Omg lol he was doing it wrooooong. Cichlids are not brackish. Theyll probably thank you. Now they do prefer hard water ive read today ..ive never tested mine but I will be soon to see what ive got.

Back
Top Bottom