My gouramies are sick, I think

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clarisa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Yesterday I changed the water in my aquarium and then my dad bought some fish. He bought three gouramies. One of them looks healthy and is doing well, but the other two don’t eat. Both of them look weak, and I didn’t have such a thing with a gourami fish. One of them has a white spot on one eye and the other has a white spot on each eye. They don’t swim and they sit in the same place together. Help, what should I do??

Yesterday I changed the water in my aquarium and then my dad bought some fish. He bought three gouramies. One of them looks healthy and is doing well, but the other two don’t eat. Both of them look weak, and I didn’t have such a thing with a gourami fish. One of them has a white spot on one eye and the other has a white spot on each eye. They don’t swim and they sit in the same place together. Help, what should I do??

IMG_9830.jpgIMG_9829.jpg

These are some pictures with one of them. I noticed he has some problems on the body now.

Hi Clarisa

It looks like your Gouramis are suffering from Columnaris or "Saddleback" disease.
It's a very serious fish disease, which usually doesn't end well. IMO your best move would be to remove the affected fish asap before the disease spreads to the tankmates.
Next, make a large 50% water change and gravel vac the substrate.
Keep a close eye on the rest of the fish. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom