My hardcore ghost shrimp...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dud

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have this ghost shrimp who has been eating like crazy these days, and then this afternoon when I got back from school I saw it had a bunch of eggs with it! Wow, but then holy molly... 8O

My shrimp was actually digging into its own egg sac and taking the eggs out one by one, munching on them. I mean, I heard of these kind of stories, and it sounds natural that it's trying to retain as much energy as possible from the eggs that has no chance of survival at all (she's the only shrimp I have), but pulling them out of its sac??? Now that's pretty insane, I thought.

But then I found out that other fish must've noticed its eggs, and start to pick on the shrimp, so maybe the shrimp was trying not to lose any of the egg as much as possible by doing that.

I've never seen or heard of that before. Doesn't matter, the eggs won't hatch anyway and if you had the salt in there to hatch them it would be almost impossible to raise the babies.

Back
Top Bottom