My Journey to Setting up a 75 Gallon!! NEW PICS!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your tank looks great! I love the results of the black and white gravel, it's stunning!
As lonewolf said, I can't wait to see it full o' fish!

Tracy

*of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most

Thanks for the compliments. It was a lot of fun setting up. I wasn't sure that I'd like the black and white gravel mixed together (I personally don't like the colored gravel), but I figured I'd try it anyway and I was very impressed.

I'm on day 4 of my fishless cycle with many more to go. I can't wait to add fish! At least this is giving me time to do more research on potential stocking candidates! :) So far I have Rams (Bolivian and possible GBR), Gouramis (haven't decided, although I'd love to get Pearl or Opaline Gouramis), Tiger Barbs, YoYo Loaches, and of course my Sailfin Pleco!

I would just add the fish slowly, one this week, one the next and so on. Just buy a test kit and monitor the water and you'll be fine. Just be careful not to overfeed. Once you got nitrates and the nitrite & ammonia flaten out to zero your good to fully stock.

Nice looking tank I want one of those my lfs is running a special rite now 75 gal all glass tank,pine stand,glass canopy and T8 lite strip for $290 but I just spent all my money on a new pair of glasses will not get enough by the time the sale ends.

brant said:
Nice looking tank I want one of those my lfs is running a special rite now 75 gal all glass tank,pine stand,glass canopy and T8 lite strip for $290 but I just spent all my money on a new pair of glasses will not get enough by the time the sale ends.

Hell of a deal....Where?

Great looking tank. i just setup a 20 gal planted 2 weeks ago, so i know how exciting it is. I too am doing a fishless cycle - At least I have plants to look at, but you can add Bio-Spira (live bacteria) to help speed things along. And as for the look of the tank, I think as long as you like it and the fish are happy, you're all set.

I paid 235.00 for my 75G at Petco. But it was only the tank, stand, and glass tops. No hood, lights or filter or anything else. Thought I did pretty good there. :)

Lonewolf that is a good deal but unfortunatly any larger pet places like that are at least an hour drive for me. Plus being in small buissiness I really like to keep my money at small biz. but I have traded for some sweepers to support my other hobbies and the lfs said they might need a new one so mabye I can work a deal.

The lfs here is too expensive. That's why I went to Petco. The lfs here sells 55G's for the price of the 75's at Petco. I would have gotten it from the lfs if it was a good deal, and it's only 5 minutes away. Petco is 15 minutes away.

Back
Top Bottom