My levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, okay. I missed the Saturday part. Yeah, just get the mini cycle under control and stock very slowly. You should be good to go.

eco23 said:
Oh, okay. I missed the Saturday part. Yeah, just get the mini cycle under control and stock very slowly. You should be good to go.

Its been a pain I'm never buying anything from them again

Depending on what you're looking to stock, there's a couple members on here you can buy from. They're severum mama and HN1. They're supposed to be fantastic. I was at first a little leery about mailing fish...then I realized that's how all the lfs's get them, lol.

eco23 said:
Depending on what you're looking to stock, there's a couple members on here you can buy from. They're severum mama and HN1. They're supposed to be fantastic. I was at first a little leery about mailing fish...then I realized that's how all the lfs's get them, lol.

Yeah I've bought from them already my apistos that just laid eggs like 2 hours ago came from them they are awesome and they are going to help stock my 500 gallon that I'm working on

xfactor6699 said:
Yeah I've bought from them already my apistos that just laid eggs like 2 hours ago came from them they are awesome and they are going to help stock my 500 gallon that I'm working on

Good Lord, lol. I think I remember seeing your thread about it. Might have to take out a home equity loan to stock that thing. Good luck!

eco23 said:
Good Lord, lol. I think I remember seeing your thread about it. Might have to take out a home equity loan to stock that thing. Good luck!

Lol that's about how I feel... Answer me this if I've understood this right when ur cycled if u dont add anything the nitrites keep ur ammonia at 0 right

xfactor6699 said:
Lol that's about how I feel... Answer me this if I've understood this right when ur cycled if u dont add anything the nitrites keep ur ammonia at 0 right

Ummm... I'm not sure I completely understand the question. The way the nitrogen cycle works is that the first type of bacteria converts ammonia into nitrItes. Then the second type of bacteria turns nitrItes to nitrAtes. So in a fully cycled tank, there's enough bacteria to always keep ammo and nitrItes at 0 because it's constantly being converted as the fish are producing the ammo.

Ok u answered what I was asking just making sure I got it so once I'm zeroed and I dont add anything I should stay at zero (ammonia/nitrites) and nitrates should be the only thing that moves

If it's an empty tank (no fish) it needs to be fed an ammonia source to keep the bacteria alive. If there's fish, they're providing the ammo source for you. If you're curious how to keep the bacteria alive in an empty tank...check out the article in my thread.

I'm more talking about my tank that already has fish if I leave my stock alone my ammonia and nitrite should stay zero

xfactor6699 said:
I'm more talking about my tank that already has fish if I leave my stock alone my ammonia and nitrite should stay zero

Correct. Just remember that your bacteria colony will adjust to the fish you have. It can die off because there's not enough ammo being put out by the fish to support a huge colony of bacteria. So when you add more fish, do it slowly so the bacteria has time to adjust and avoid a mini cycle.

So my ammonia is .25 will the beneficial bacteria take care of that then or should I do a pwc

xfactor6699 said:
So my ammonia is .25 will the beneficial bacteria take care of that then or should I do a pwc

PWC's never hurt and are always a good idea as long as you remember your dechlorinator and temp match. Your bio-filter should eat it, but if I ever saw any hint of ammo, a pwc is an immediate reaction.

Back
Top Bottom