my lil' female betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhaynes01

Aquarium Advice Freak
well about 20 min. ago i heard a short tap 5 or 6 times i looked around and looked at teh tank and turned of teh filter and look inside but then i heard it again i pulled off the top and looked inside there she was betweent the incadesent light bulb(15watts) and the plastic guard. i got her out quickly and get her into her tank she was stiff and has what looked like flakes of skin or scales coming off. well she is still alive but she is breathing funny and cannot move her tail fin her body is stiff except for her pectoral fins.

she is still alive but is there anything you guys think i should do for her.

TIA

I think she got burned and dried out, I think you should let her rest, turn off the lights in the tank, and add some stress coat to the tnak to help replenish the slime coating.

GL :)

Don't add the Stress Coat.

all that does is irritate the fish to produce the slime coat, and she does not need irritation.

Little off subject, but three posts at 6:06? WOW!!! Anyways, i hope she pulls through. I would just let her rest. I dropped my betta four feet, and he is still living.

Ok, i only dropped him because i didn't want to use a net. I got him in my hands and he jumped and slided and slipped out. Ouch!

Back
Top Bottom